Saturday, July 4, 2009

And They're Off!


Last weekend I had the incredible honor of performing the ceremony of a couple that is now referred to as Matt & Ashley Anderson. It has been a lot of fun watching the both of them mature as young adults and as their love for each other has continued to grow. Jeff Hancock introduced me to Matt a few years ago and we all have enjoyed a lot of good times as we take turns whipping Matt into shape as a young man. Ashley is a beautiful young lady (inside & out) and one night after presenting and defending her Master's thesis from UK, she met Matt at church. It was pretty much love at first sight. They are both incredibly mature, each possessing beautiful character and a love for the Lord with hands to match.
Another thing that is so amazing about this story is the relationship between Matt and parents, but particularly between he and his father. Unfortunately, I meet so many men that have never had a role model or had someone to teach them what it means to be a real man. His dad has consistently been a father and role model for every stage of life. I have never met a young man that is so financially responsible. So really, he did not require much "whipping him into shape". by the time we met him while graduating from UK.
Ashley is employed at Bluegrass Area Development District and Matt is employed at Keeneland Race Track. He is an excellent photographer (even though he shoots with a Canon) and has done some pretty amazing graphic design and TV production. The wedding took place on a very hot afternoon at Keeneland, just outside of the Clubhouse on the lawn. Even though I was officiating the ceremony, they asked me to take a photo from my viewpoint. Above they are shown signing the marriage certificate and then Matt giving his dad a "High 5" upon their exit. Darryl Kincer was the official wedding photographer and my photos were shot with a Nikon D300 & a 10-20mm zoom lens. Oh, I almost forgot...when I starting shooting a few frames, people starting laughing. I thought it was just because I was the minister with a camera, but actually, every time I shot a frame the sound was picked up by my microphone and ampliphied through the sound system. Good thing I didn't have to burp. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment