Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bourbon barrel warehouse

Did I mention that I have been working on a follow up to the successful, "Kentucky Wide"? For the last three years I have been shooting intently and just shipped it off to the printer. I had already done two different bourbon barrel scenes but had the opportunity to shoot at the Wild Turkey Distillery. Missy and I went over there one recent morning and had a great time. Jimmy, the master distiller, accompanied us and he is quite the character! He has been there for over 50 years and come to find out, he and my Dad probably played against each other in a tournament of fast-pitch softball at my hometown of Corinth about 50+ years ago. As you walk in these warehouses the aroma of the "angel's share" is quite evident.
A "wider" view of this scene is in the upcoming book, "Kentucky Wide II", and is due this October.

No comments:

Post a Comment