Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring blossoms

The Lexington Cemetery has to be one of the prettiest places anywhere, in the spring. After attending worship on Easter 2008, I went to the cemetery to shoot these pink weeping cherries at their peak. Many times, I will visit a place and make a note when would be the best or most optimum time to create a beautiful photograph. Since the cemetery is near my studio, I checked on it a few times to gauge the perfect day to shoot a photograph for my upcoming book, "Kentucky Wide II". 
I have always been a big fan of cemeteries and spent many, many hours mowing the cemetery at my family's cemetery that was owned by the funeral home. A long time ago, I did an exhibit of cemetery art and created Polaroid transfers on 100% silk.
Take a break and stop by Lexington Cemetery most any day for a little respite and retreat.


1 comment:

  1. I also love Lexington Cemetery, my father is buried on "Cherry Blossom Lane". I missed the blooms this year for some reason, I was so happy to see your photo.
    If you ever get a chance, go to the VERY rear of the cemetery in the new section behind the lake and there is a new meditation garden, it is a bit over the top, done by a man in Lexington who runs Christian radio channels. No one is buried there....yet. Not really subject for photos but definitely interesting....
    Thanks for the photo, I want to email a copy to my mother, she'll really appreciate it.
    Also, I am glad to hear you are so happy... Life is good

    ReplyDelete