Monday, February 2, 2009

Western KY


Many of us in the Bluegrass area of the state think of Louisville or Owensboro as being in western KY. No way! You have to go to Paducah and even further to really experience it. The Land Between the Lakes itself is enough of a reason to visit. Missy and I went there for a few days and had a great time. This image is from Reelfoot Lake which has bald Cypress trees and eagles. The almost bayou and swamp like place is a real contrast to the rolling hills in horse country.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to send you some of my amateur shots of awesome western Kentucky. Reelfoot is beautiful, but there are a couple other private swamps/lakes in my county that fully deserve state park status. Let me know next time you're going to be in the Carlisle County area.

    ReplyDelete